Solar Charge Controller (Low Voltage Disconnect) & Lighting Control
Morningstar’s well-known high quality and reliability is now available in a low cost solar controller. The SHS Controller is ideal for rural electrification systems with one to three solar panels. This controller meets World Bank specifications and provides many features and benefit.
Benefits of a Solar Controller:
- Reduces Cost of Battery Replacements: The low voltage disconnect will increase battery life. The loads are automatically disconnected when the battery is low and automatically reconnected after the battery is recharged. Complete charging will increase battery life and storage capacity. The controller will maximize the amount of solar energy into the battery and avoid drying out the battery
- Provides Useful Information: LEDs display status information and battery level which helps the user to better operate the solar power system.
Advantages of the SHS Controller:
- Low Cost: The SHS was specifically designed to meet the needs of the rural electrification market. The low cost resulted from using the latest electronic technology and high volume manufacturing.
- High Reliability: All our controllers are designed for high quality and high reliability. The SHS controller is 100% solid-state has a low failure rate and will last a long time.
- Electronic Protections: The SHS has built-in electronic fuses that do not require replacement. Any wiring mistakes during installation will not damage the controller.
- Tropicalization: The SHS electronics are protected with a moisture-tight coating, minimizing damage from humidity and from nesting insects.
- Easy to Use: The SHS controller is fully automatic and requires no adjustments or user selections.
Warranty: 5 Years