48 VOLT 1000 WATT
Fits standard water heaters with a 1" NPT
First we start with solid brass base and copper
Then it gets nickel plated for long life.
- Livestock water tank deicer (low amp draw means you won't drain your battery as fast)
- For keeping dog, cat, and other domestic animals water from freezing
- Standard American water heater element replacement
- Water preheating
- Campers, Motor homes
- Emergency hot water
- Portable commercial, industrial machines and equipment
- Runs off your car battery for portable hot water anywhere
- Direct wind and solar applications
- CONCRETE MIXING TRUCKS
- and many, many more uses where heat or diversion loads are needed
- DC water heating elements are much safer than 110 volt
WIND TURBINE WATER HEATING
Heat water directly using a wind turbine generator (with or without a battery bank). Wind turbine generators are used primarily for electricity generation.
The power used can be stored in a battery bank or connected to the mains supply using a suitable grid tie inverter.
In very strong winds, and/or when the batteries are fully charged a wind turbine may generate more current than the batteries can handle.
Therefore a dump load is often used to divert the extra energy to heat water so it is not wasted and so that the wind turbine does not spin so quickly that it is damaged.
Diversion Load Water Heating
Pictured above is a typical 48V water heating element which can be
screwed into an immersion heater drain-cock hole.
When used as a diversion (dump) load, such an element is connected to the batteries via a charge regulator.
When the regulator detects that the batteries are fully charged, it diverts the generated electricity to the element which heats water.