Hurricane OTG PRE-Wired Solar Midnite Classic 150 board
Do it yourself not alone! In a typical renewable energy installation well over half of the cost in many cases are installation. Not sure you can do the job yourself? Hurricane can make it as easy as 1 2 3
- Connect the DC or battery side breakers off
- Connect the PV side breakers off
- Turn on the breakers and call if you need help
As you have read in our subtitle the theme of the OTG board line in making DIY doable. Lets face it, when it comes to wind and solar a lot of conflicting information is available on the web concerning how to wire wind and solar. A frequent question being can I do something pertaining to wire size grounding or other technical point. Today in the field we see a lot of "how to video " we in house label as "how not to". With our OTG wiring board series we are building you a safe board that conforms to a higher level of electrical code compliance than just about anything we have seen on the market.
What this board will do is allow for up to 3 strings of PV of 150 Volt PV power to be combined and sent to the Midnite Classic 150 charge controller for up to 96 amps of battery charging capability for your 12 24 or 48 volt system.
- 12 volt charging capacity 12 volts @ 96 amps about 1300 watts
- 24 volt charging capacity 24 volts @ 96 amps about 2700 watts
- 48 volt charging capacity 48 volts @ 96 amps about 4500 watts
The PV incoming Power is converter by one of the most advance MPPT charge controllers on the market to the most efficient charging algorithm and charging amperage available and connects to you battery bank routed through a DC circuit breaker for an added measure of security and fire protection often overlooked and essential to installing to code.
So you live off grid? I do not have to be code compliant? Fair enough but at the end of the day the National Electrical Code was written for a reason one of which we would like to believe is safety. I bring up this point in the ad as in the many customer service calls we take at Hurricane we get many questions asking if the consumer may do something on a technical level. If you are off grid you make do as you please in many circumstances. That being said it does not make doing some of the thing we see in the field any safer.
- Heavy 16 AWG Galvanized board which conforms to NEC code. This is important to ensure that components adhere to board not easy to pull off
- Midnite PV 3 combiner box allows 3 strings of solar input of up to 150 volts input for the midnite classic charge controller
- Midnite claasic 150 simply one of the most efficient MPPT controllers on the market and made in the USA
- Midnite PV 3 combiner box houses 100 amp double pull breaker for safety on DC side of controller to battery "electrical code required"
- All components internally grounded to the board which allows easy grounding
- Wiring is housed in electrical EMT conduit Conduit is generally installed by electricians at the site of installation of electrical equipment. Its use, form, and installation details are often specified by wiring regulations, such as the US National Electrical Code (NEC) and other building codes.
- Easily labeled instructions simply bolt it to the wall and make your PV and Battery Bank connections
- On Grid, Back up power, Off grid, Boat, RV, You name it if it fits you can bolt it.
- Midnite solar temperature sensor ensure batteries do not overheat in charging cycle
- Phone support available if needed for installation
MPPT Charge Controllers
The Classic is the only MPPT charge controller that has Arc Fault Detection, making this controller the safest controller available.
The Midnite Solar Classic lines of MPPT charge controllers will substantially increase the flexibility, features and range currently found on MPPT controllers. The MidNite Classic charge controller is unique in its ability to be used for a great variety of DC input sources. The Classic is designed to regulate DC input from PV, and Approved Hydro and Wind turbines. The Classic 150, 200 and 250 are designed to work with 12, 24, 36, 48, 60 and 72 volt battery banks. The Classic and Classic Lite 250KS are designed to charge up to a 120V nominal battery bank. With the Classic 150 ranging up to 96 amps, the Classic 200, 79 amps and the Classic 250, 63 amps, why would you need any other controller? MidNite Solar has doubled its factory floor space for production of the Classic line of charge controllers, making the Classic the only real "Made in America" charge controller. The Classic standard models are the only MPPT controllers with built-in Arc Fault Detection, making them the safest controllers available.
- 150, 200 and 250V operating voltages.
- 12-72V battery charging standard
- Expandable to 120V battery bank with PC and provided software on 250KS
- Built in DC-GFP and Arc Fault Detector
- Battery temperature sensor is included
- Solar, wind and hydro MPPT modes
- Ethernet, USB and RS232
- Remote and local displays possible
- 32 MB of data logging
- Set up Wizard with voice help screens coming soon.
- Wizard walks you through:
- Battery hook up
- PV array sizing and hook up
- Wind turbine program selection
- Wire sizing
- Breaker selection
- PV combiner selection
- Sunrise and sunset program set up
- Voltage drop calculations
|Model||Voltage||Amp Rating||Battery Bank Voltage Options|
|Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 150||150||96||12, 24, 36, 48 or 72 VDC|
|Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 200||200||79||12, 24, 36, 48 or 72 VDC|
|Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 250||250||63||12, 24, 36, 48 or 72 VDC|
|Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 250KS||250||35||12, 24, 36, 48, 72, 96 or 120 VDC|