ProStar MPPT Solar Charge Controller
12/24V, 25A with Meter Display
Morningstar has added MPPT to their ProStar line of controllers! This 40A MPPT Charge Controller includes a Meter Display, and is capable of charging all battery types, including Lithium Ion. This is the first mid-range MPPT controller fully UL and IEC listed, that has integrated lighting and load control. The NEW ProStar MPPT™ is a mid-range MPPT solar charge controller with TrakStar Technology™ that provides maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charging for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 1100 watts. This device is ideal for industrial and residential applications. An optional Wire Box for the ProStar MPPT controller provides a wiring compartment with knockouts for conduit and cable glands. It provides for a cleaner, safer install.
This version of the controller has the NEW Meter design. It offers:
- Graphic LCD display with large font
- Bright LED backlit display
- Various display status screens
- Easy, intuitive backlit navigation arrow buttons
- Field adjustable and configurable settings for charging, load control, and lighting control
Features of the ProStar MPPT Controller:
- 12/24V Battery Auto Detect
- Advanced field adjustable load & lighting control built in
- Advanced battery programming including Lead Acid, Lithium Ion , and Nickel Iron batteries
- Continuous charging and no damage from oversizing PV array
- 4-stage charging: Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize
- Built-in self diagnostics for continuous monitoring of internal hardware issues or system problems
- Fanless design and vast operating temperature range make it suitable for extreme environments
- Very high weighted efficiency keeps power output high even at full power
- 190 days of internal data logging w/NEW graphical view on Meter versions
- Single RJ11 port that can be used for the Meter or for Data mode
- Electronic Protections: Automatic recovery without fuses; Solar Input: overload, short-circuit, high voltage, reverse polarity, high temperature, nighttime reverse current; Load Output: overload, short-circuit, high temperature, reverse polarity; Battery: reverse polarity (no battery removal)
- Certifications: CE; RoHS; UL1741/CSA.107.1; IEC 62109; FCC Part-15 class B compliant. Mfr in certified ISO 9001 facility
- 5 Year Warranty
And check out these great benefits too:
- You are able to apply more input on the controller than rated for. Output current will be limited to the max controller current rating. This allows you to get the best usage of controller capacity.
- The advanced electronic design offers long life and reliability. The 3 independently controlled high frequency MPPT stages use Morningstar's TrakStar algorithm, giving you up to 30% more power out of your solar array versus a PWM solar charge controller.
- The connections have up to #2AWG power terminals which are extremely robust terminal connections for a controller of this size. This is very helpful when the controller needs to be a long distance from the array.
- It is highly recommended to add the optional RTS (Remote Temperature Sensor) to the controller, as the reading will come directly from the battery, for a more effective charging and reading of the batteries.
*Exceeding Maximum PV Open Circuit Voltage may damage the controller.
**Input power can exceed Nominal Maximum Operating Power, but controller will limit and provide its rated continuous maximum output current into batteries. This will not harm the controller (reminder: do not exceed Voc).
ProStar controller part numbers that end with an 'M' feature the optional digital meter display (PS-MPPT-25M, PS-MPPT-40M).