Ground Fault Protection Device - 150V
Morningstar?s Ground Fault Protection Device (GFPD) Family, Models GFPD-150V and GFPD-600V, increases safety and design flexibility in off-grid and on-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems. Ground fault protection is used in electrical systems to prevent current from following any unintended paths during a ground fault. It is critical to detect any stray current and to interrupt (break) the circuit until safe operation can be restored. A current imbalance between the primary +/- PV conductors entering the charger/inverter may indicate a ground fault condition. Morningstar?s GFPD will detect this condition and break the circuit on both the positive and negative legs. Disconnecting both poles ensures interruption of the ground fault current.
The GFPD enables system design flexibility. Morningstar designed the GFPD to be easily paired with the TriStar MPPT? charge controller during on-site installation. Additionally, the GFPD will work just as well in systems with mixed vendor components. Morningstar?s GFPD is a superior solution to ground fault protection. With its custom molded equipment ground terminals, installation and troubleshooting are simplified. Furthermore, the GFPD breaks the entire PV array circuit during a fault condition and requires no special labeling on the battery enclosure.
- Powered via the PV system?s battery bank - and supports a wide range of voltages (12V, 24V, 36V, 48 Vdc nominal systems)
- Breaks the connection to the PV array during a fault condition
- Leaves the battery and DC loads grounded under all conditions
- Eliminates the danger of an ungrounded battery and therefore requires no special labeling at the battery location (per NEC)
- Features audible and visual indications/alarms
- Performs precise current measurement with no fuses
- Built to support both single controller and multiple controllers systems
- Certifications: CE, RoHS and REACH Compliant; UL Listed; (NEC) 690.5 Compliant for use as a GFPD device
GFPD-150V GFPD-600V Input Voltage 10-72 Vdc Self Consumption <0.5W Ground Fault Threshold Current 300 mA +/- 10% Number of Poles 2 Maximum Solar Voltage 150V 600V Maximum Solar Current 240V 60A 50A Trip Method Relay Output Trip Signal 12V Nominal System Voltage 12/24/36/48 Vdc Mounting Post Size DIN- and Panel-Mount Options Terminal up to 13 mm 2 / 6 AWG Dimensions 10.6 x 5.1 x 4.4 in 14.