Flexcharge NC25A-48 Solar Wind Hydro Turbine Charge Controller Hybrid 48 Volt US
48 Volt model see other auctions for 12 and 24 volt models
Unlike the other dump load controls sold this controller is wired in between the charging source and the battery bank
NC25A Ultra High Efficiency 25 Ampere Solar and Wind System Charging System Controller
The NC25A-(X) is series regulator designed for alternative energy charging systems ranging in size from 0.1A to 25A. It is the ideal regulator for Solar (PV) and Permanent Magnet Generators (Including outboard motors and smaller wind generators). The NC25A also includes the Charge Divert feature. Charge Divert allows you to use the excess charging source energy for other tasks, or for placing a load on permanent magnet charging sources such as wind generators to prevent over speed conditions. The Divert connection is only activated after the charging source is making energy and the batteries are not using the energy (i.e. A wind generator will not be starting into the divert load). This controller can easily and inexpensively be expanded to handle one or more banks of 100A charging sources. (1000A max charging current in this configuration). Multiple battery banks can be charged with the use of a standard battery charging isolators.
Years prior to the sale of the first NC25A, the SES Flexcharge product development team took a hard look at what a new alternative energy charge controller's performance level would need to be to give the user the best possible controller for there needs. From that effort came the following design criteria;
Most alternative energy charge controllers operate at an efficiency of 97%. Off hand, this sounds pretty good but lets go through the numbers for a typical charge controller.
Power Wasted = (Total Charging Current) x (100% - 96%) x (Typical Battery Voltage). P = 25A x 0.04 x 12.6V = 12.6W of wasted energy.
The NC25A operates at 99.5% typical charging efficiency. (99.9% at its best).
P = 25A x 0.005 x 12.6V = 1.57W
In comparing the numbers we see a 11 watt gain in charging energy that is available for your battery bank with the NC25A over the Typical Charge controller.
Question: How much does an 11W solar panel cost? This is precisely why controller efficiency is so critical.
With a peak charging efficiency of 99.9% and an operating current of only 4mA, more of the systems charging energy will get through a NC25A into your batteries than with any other regulator on the market. Models are available for charging 12V, 24V, 36V, and 48V systems. Use with Lead Acid, Gel, or Flooded Nicad battery technologies.
There should never be such thing as a compromise to dependability when it comes to an alternative energy system charge controller as these systems are often located in hard to reach locations (mountain tops, ocean navigation buoys, polar regions, etc...). We took great care to design the NC25 for long term unattended operation; extensive transient voltage protection; high steady-state voltage protection (it is not affected by continuous charging input voltages up to 100V, the point where the transient voltage protection kicks in); reverse polarity protection on battery connections; fully sealed electronics for 100% humidity operation; etc... The NC25A is designed for Install and Forget operation.
Simple to Operate
The NC25A includes easy to read Charge and Divert Indicators, an adjustment for peak charge voltage, and an easy to use terminal strip for the system wire connections. Because the system charge controller is usually located near the battery bank in a remote structure we chose not to incorporate power consuming monitors such as volt meters or current monitors. If this type monitoring equipment is desired it should be installed after the system disconnect switch and located where you can view them.
Upgrading the controller to regulate higher currents can be accomplished easily, and is relatively inexpensive.
Energy State Taper Charge Process
This graph describes the charging process used by all Flexcharge controllers. It has many benefits including greatly reduced gassing during charging and it allows for micro-equalization of Lead acid as well as sealed Gel battery technologies. Click on the link for more details.
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY.
- COMPLETELY SEALED ELECTRONICS FOR MARINE OR OUTDOOR MOUNTING.
- LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE INDICATOR. (FLASHING RED LIGHT).
- ARC REDUCTION CIRCUITRY TO ELIMINATE OR REDUCE RELAY CONTACT WEAR.
- CHARGING EFFICIENCY BETTER THAN 99.50% FROM 0.5A TO 30A OF CHARGING CURRENT.
- OPERATES EFFICIENTLY (98%) WITH AS LITTLE AS 0.1A OF SOLAR PANEL CHARGING CURRENT.
- EFFICIENTLY CHARGES BATTERIES FROM 0 VOLTS WITH FULL POWER.
- 25 AMP CHARGE CAPACITY. SPECIAL ORDER 24V, 36V, AND 48V MODELS, OR EXPANDED MODELS WITH CHARGING CURRENT CAPACITIES UP TO 2000A.
- 25 AMP CHARGE DIVERT CIRCUIT. STABLE DIVERT CIRCUITRY PREVENTS ERRATIC RELAY SWITCHING IF CHARGE SOURCE VOLTAGE DROPS.
- DIVERTS ONLY WHEN VOLTAGE AND CURRENT ARE AT USABLE LEVELS. PERFECT FOR MOTOR TYPE DIVERT LOADS (FANS, PUMPS, etc...)
- PEAK CHARGE VOLTAGE ADJUSTMENT WITH A RANGE OF 13.8V TO 15.9V (Multiply by 2,3,or 4 to find voltages for 24V, 36V, or 48V versions).
- CHARGES WITH THE SAME HIGH ACCURACY THROUGH BATTERY ISOLATORS.
- CONSUMES LESS THAN 5mA (0.005A) WHILE CHARGING AND AT NIGHT, 2mA IF YOU DO NOT USE THE CHARGE INDICATOR.
- CHARGES BATTERIES AT FULL POWER, BELOW THE PLATE SATURATION POINT, THIS CHARGES BATTERIES FASTER, AND REDUCES ELECTROLYTE DEPLETION BY UP TO 90% OVER CONVENTIONAL CONSTANT VOLTAGE, PWM, & HIGH FREQUENCY CHARGE REGULATORS.
- BATTERIES START CHARGING AT 0.005A OF CHARGE CURRENT.
- CONTROLLER CAN WITHSTAND OPEN CIRCUIT INPUT SPIKES OF 1500V/A, & 140V CONTINUOUS WITHOUT DAMAGE.
- REVERSE POLARITY AND TRANSIENT VOLTAGE PROTECTION ON THE BATTERY SENSE WIRES.
- NO POWER WASTING SAMPLE PERIODS.
- REMOTE BATTERY VOLTAGE SENSING SO THE CONTROLLER CAN BE MOUNTED ANYWHERE BETWEEN THE CHARGING SOURCE AND THE BATTERIES.
- EASY TO INSTALL USING THE LABELED CORROSION RESISTANT NICKEL / BRASS / STAINLESS STEEL CONNECTOR.
- U/L 94V-O RATED ENCLOSURE AND UL LISTED OR RECOGNIZED COMPONENTS.
|Charge Input Voltage|
|Allowable Battery Voltage on Sense Wires |
(Multiply by 2, 3, or 4 for 24V, 36V, or 48V Systems)
|Standby/Operating Current of the Controller|
|Occasional Short Term Over-Current (1/2 Second Max.)|
|Total Charging Efficiency|
|Insertion Loss Resistance (Ohms)|
|Charge Divert Current|
|Charge Divert Over Current (1/2 Second)|
|Transient Surge Protection (20uS)|