PC Meterbus Adapter (MSC)
Morningstar's PC Meterbus Adapter (MSC) converts a controller's meter port (RJ-11 phone type connector) to a standard RS-232 serial connector for connection to a PC or other equipment. The MSC may be used with any Morningstar controller or inverter equipped with a meter connection that does not also already have a RS-232 port.
By converting to RS-232, the MSC allows Morningstar's controllers and inverters to communicate with a variety of third party serial enabled devices such as:
- A PC running Morningstar's MS View software or any other compatible software.
- A serial enabled device such as an internet gateway.
- Another MODBUS enabled hardware device at the site that needs to access solar system information.
Establishing a communications link enables the monitoring or logging of data from the controller or inverter as well as the customizing of any user-adjustable settings. The MSC makes available a wide variety of data stored in Morningstar's products such as (varies by product):
- Battery Voltage (including minimum and maximum)
- Solar charge current to the battery
- Load current from the battery
- Accumulated solar and load amp hours
- Charge Stage
- Errors and alarms
- Local and battery temperature
- Data logging files
All data is transmitted in the form of MODBUS protocol. This industry standard was chosen for a high level of compatibility with a variety of equipment. Each Morningstar product has its own data specification.
The MSC is sold as a kit that includes the following: PC Meterbus Adapter, RS-232 cable with connectors: 1.8 meters (5.9 feet), RJ-11 cable with connectors: 1 meter (3.3 feet)
WARRANTY: 5 years