7 Amp Charge Controller
for 12 Volt Photovoltaic Charging System
(Solar Only Applications)
US Manufactured Long Service Life and Performance History
We are a stocking Flexcharge dealer listed on SES Flexcharge dealer page
The following is copyrighted by SES Flexcharge.
The PV7D (for Dual and Single battery banks) is a cost effective shunting regulator designed for smaller 12V Solar Only applications with a maximum solar charging current of 7A. Special order 6V or 24V units. These controllers are easily expandable to handle charging currents from 35 to 500A. We have engineered these controllers to be extremely efficient, accurate, salt water spray resistant, and very small (1.5" x 2"). It is Ideal for use in a marine environment.
Use with Lead Acid AGM or Gel battery technologies. Like the NC25A they also use only 4mA to operate the circuitry. The PV7D controllers are not to be used with outboard motors or any generator based charging system. For Lead Acid GEL, AGM, and Flooded cell Batteries. Do not use on Lithium batteries of any type.
The PV7D are a all solid state design using the highest efficiency components. No heat sink is required on the PV7 because almost no heat that is generated in the high efficiency solid state components.
Simple to Use:
The PV7D includes an easy to read Charge Indicator. The peak charge voltage is factory set so there are no user adjustments to contend with working with all lead acid battery types. System wire connections are made by connecting to the controllers four wire pigtails, either by soldering or on a owner supplied terminal strip.
Upgrading the controller to regulate many hundreds amperes can be accomplished easily and is relatively inexpensive. Contact Flexcharge for details.Energy State Tape Charging This is the charging process used by all Flexcharge controllers. It has many benefits including greatly reduced gassing during charging, and it allows for micro equalization of Lead acid as well as Gel battery technologies.
- Cost Effective charge controller for Photovoltaic charging sources.
- Reverse polarity protected (Must have Fuse installed)
- Precision Auto assembled using proven Surface Mount Technology
- Hermetically sealed / potted electronics for use in high humidity and salt air environments.
- High efficiency components allows packaging in a very small enclosure.
- Safely Micro Equalizes Wet Cell Lead Acid and Sealed Gel battery technologies using the Energy State Taper Charge Process.
- Expands easily into a high amperage controller. Up to 500A charging capacity with a charging efficiency increase to 99.95%.
- All Solid State Design for extra long life and dependability.
- Factory Calibrated for charging lead acid Flooded cell, AGM, and GEL battery technologies. No user adjustments.
- Full 2 year repair or replacement warranty.
- Charging Indicator displays when the controller is passing charging current to the battery.
- Controller's circuitry eliminates back flow of current into solar panels during non charging periods.
|INPUT VOLTAGE (BAT or PV)||0V||-||30V|
|PROGRAMMED OVERSHOOT VOLTAGE (MICRO - EQUALIZATION)||-||-||16.3V|
|CONTROLLER STANDBY CURRENT (NIGHT)||2mA||2.6mA||3mA|
|CONTROLLER STANDBY CURRENT (Charging)||4mA||5mA||6mA|
|CHARGE DISCONNECT VOLTAGE (Regulation Voltage)||14.20||14.25V||14.30V|
|CHARGE RECONNECT VOLTAGE||13.50V||13.60V||13.70V|
|VOLTAGE DROP ACROSS CONTROLLER||0.2V||0.4V||0.56V|
|TRANSIENT SURGE SUPPRESSION||-||-||600W|
|MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)||-||-||30 Years|
|CASE SIZE||H=1.25" W=1.5" L=3.0"|